This service is available to all patients who would like peace of mind concerning their baby at early stages of pregnancy.
What does the scan tell you?
- How many embryos there are
- Whether the baby’s heartbeat can be seen
- Confirmation of estimated due date
- It can indicate size of sac or embryo, which confirms number of weeks of pregnancy
- It can confirm the presence of any internal bleeding that may require monitoring
Who should have the scan?
The scan is available to those who
- Are unsure of dates
- Have a history of early miscarriage
- Have a history of ectopic pregnancy
- Experience bleeding
- Experience pain
How is the scan performed?
The scan is performed internally using the trans-vaginal probe.